Friday, September 30, 2011

light/

Yesterday's post has me thinking about light. I guess every photographer has to be a little in love with it. Some love to create it, some to manipulate it and some just wait and utilize what is there. But being a photographer, or maybe just a lover of light, changes your view of the world. My friends will tell you, often times mid sentence I just stop talking because I have been captured by a wild reflection off a window, or the quality of light that is hidden behind a cloud. Maybe it is just being a visual person...I don't know. I freely admit I have no answers as to why some of us notice this stuff and some don't. I just know what is true for me. Light moves me...more specifically, natural light moves me. It is a fickle, seductive mistress at times but we have come to have a beautiful and deep relationship. My love for light makes my experience of the world deeper, more rooted in the ephemeral quality that is life itself.

PS - Sometimes I hear music and I feel it sounds like light somehow. This Bon Iver song sounds like dawn to me.

Have a great weekend, friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I would like to say thank you for such an amazing site. I have been following your blog since May, and I look forward to each post. Your photography is an inspiration.

    I can't wait to see what you do with the crafts studio project. Are you planning another book?


    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the nice comment, Randy. I am planning on shooting volume 2 of Handcrafted Modern in the spring in Europe. So excited for that! Plus continuing to shoot the Crafts project, which is turning into a wonderful experience and journey all around.

    ReplyDelete